Thursday, November 1, 2007

Introduction


Hey everyone! This is my second class with Jerry (the first was "The Museum Experience") and I'm really looking forward to learning how to use my camera more proficiently. I've always enjoyed photography, but I've never been able to take a picture that could really "wow" someone. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with everyone here!

I'm currently a senior English major at Albertus, hoping to get into graduate school next fall and pursue a doctorate.

I don't normally like taking self-portraits (I always think I look horrible in them!), so I played around with mirrors and some of the effects in Picasa2 to obfuscate the image a bit. I'm also wearing a Red Sox World Series shirt, but I blurred it out so Morganna doesn't feel too badly! =) Hope to talk to you all soon! --Marc

7 comments:

Mpayne said...

Hey Marc

I am glad to see a fellow camera-shy classmate, now if we could work on your taste in baseball teams!

Can't wait to see more of you work!

Jerry said...

Hi Marc...

Nice shot! You are off to a great start!

Jamie Lynn said...

Hey Marc,
Nice to meet you. Do you have any idea where you want to go to graduate school?

Helen said...

Marc, I have to agree with Morganna but forget those Yankees, go Orioles!! On a serious note, I like the way you did those special effects. I haven't played around with Picasa2 too much yet but I am hoping my skills are better by the time the class ends and the holidays roll around.

Claudia said...

Hi Marc...

I think this is a "wow" picture. I don't think that I could have done that. You made it appear like you are not shy in picture!

Claudia

Marc Mason said...

Thanks for the kind words all. To Jaime: I'm hoping to attend UCONN, but I'm also applying to a few others. I just took the GRE subject exam in literature today... YIKES!

The Grondz said...

Hi Marc,

There is a lot going on in this photo. I didn't realize that the photo had color and black and white in it until after I read your post.