Friday, November 2, 2007

Hello from Helen


Hi everyone. I'm Helen and I don't have a clue what I am doing. I was given a digital camera several years ago for Christmas and I have never been comfortable with it. I always default to my little Canon Sure-Shot 35mm camera. Like some of my other class members, I also think I never take a good picture so I am quite stressed about posting a picture of myself. The picture I am attempting to post is me laying on my bed totally frustrated because all the ones I've taken so far are so bad and I look so old! But I look forward to changing my mind-set and in the weeks to come, you might even see pictures I have taken with my digital camera of Lisa's wedding this Sunday as I will be there. She is one of the many new friends I have made in my three years here at Albertus Magnus College.

4 comments:

Jerry said...

What a hilarious shot!

Welcome Helen.

You have conveyed your stress quite well.... I really didn't want to stress anyone... going outside and taking a picture of your shadow would have sufficed... but this is so much more powerful!

Claudia said...

I love this picture! It looks like you threw yourself on the bed (like a child), and had the mind set of "whatever," but by being this way you got a brilliant picture that says it all! I wish I had thought of that... I don't think you look old at all... but I know the feeling... Great picture!

Claudia

Mpayne said...

I loved this picture too. I don't think you look old. In fact it reminds me of the movies, when the camera pans over the person in the bed just before or after....

JerryF said...

Hi Helen,
Your photo looks great. Just relax and have some fun with this course. I'm sure your photos will be great.
JerryF