Wednesday, November 14, 2007



Hello Everyone!

My assignments for digital photography 2 are a little different. When looking at the syllabus I was really torn between a few topics to focus on for this Mod. So I decided it would be easier to do Intimate Portraiture of Family Members. During Photography 1, I took some pretty good shots for that week's assignment so I figured why not try to improve my "skils" and give it another go! It's the holidays and I won't be any trouble finding people to take pictures of, unlike during the summer when no one was around. EASY stuff...right????

WRONG! LOL I struggled all last week to try to get that perfect shot. I figured Ryan, my little guy, was going to be the easiest...he loves to say CHEESE for mommy. Nope. I forgot that 18 month old boys would rather do anything else than sit still for mom.

I also found many struggles with lighting. Working with natural light in the summer is a piece of cake. Fall = shorter days = no light...bad.

But all in all, I am feeling very determined to make this mod just as successful as my last. I love taking pictures of my family but I need to be a lot more creative this time around!

Check out what I have so far! www.fotothing.com/jsandle

1 comment:

Elesia a.k.a. Lisa said...

Jessica,

He is a handsome little fella! I love taking picture of my sons as well.