Sunday, November 18, 2007

Berries

I got dirt and wet to get this one. My daughter though it was hilarious. I like when a shot start up close and in your face then pans out as far as it can go.


I'll start this off with a shot were the water is used as just a backdrop. I really found that everything but the water was catching my eye today so I have additional shots posted in fotothing. I got in as close as possible for every shot looking for shade, light, color and movement.



These few shots are of my helper for the day. We made a nice walk out of it.

These two(top and bottom) are interesting in that you can't quite tell what is a reflection and what is physical. I really like these couple...they are both unaltered.


This here is a little island just off shore. The baitfish swarm to it bringing along the sporting fish so I frequent this spot often in the summer. I felt I had to include it. There is nice light behind it making the shot a decent one. It really has a look of fall for me.

A few reeds that still hadn't been taken by the cool weather. They contrasted nicely against the water behind and below them.

Since I had so many shots of growth around the water, I felt I needed one of just the water itself. I feel like the water on it's own is a nice shot...lots of movement.

6 comments:

Jerry said...

Good ones, Mike... That's the spirit to take along an assistant for the walk!

malloct said...

Nice pictures of the bittersweet.
the B/W is nice w/ a hint of color.
Kathy

COUTURE said...

Great flicks - you really got in touch with the waters. I'm enjoying. I love to see the detail in a pic, it brings out expression within the subject- Natalie

Jamie Lynn said...

I like how you colored the berries, and kept the background grey. Did you do this in Picasa2?

Elesia a.k.a. Lisa said...

Great Shots! You really work the B/W with the colored berries. I like...

JerryF said...

I like the first and sixth photos the most. The color of the water in the first is really comes out and the sixth the mixture of the shadows and branches of the tree make a interesting photo